PEACH ORCHARDS COMING SOON!
Schnepf Farms Peaches have been named the best in the country by Wine Spectator Magazine.
Ray Schnepf has been growing peaches for over 50 years. The season was only 2 weeks and only 2 to 3 varieties were grown. Today, Mark Schnepf has extended the season to up to 6 weeks and grows 8 different varieties that ripen at different times throughout that season. The peaches grown on the farm are the perfect varieties to do very well in Arizona’s Desert dry climate.
The orchards at the farm open before any other orchard in the Country, making that first pick, exciting. If you are a peach lover, or enjoy anything peachy, then plan accordingly because all different varieties ripen at different times throughout the season.
REMEMBER – For almost 60 years the Schnepf’s have NEVER SPRAYED any type of pesticide or any chemical on the peaches. What you pick is truly as natural and as flavorful as you can get.
PICKING TIDBITS AND HELPFUL HINTS!
**We provide bags & boxes**
When we pick our peaches at the farm, we don’t use plastic, we place our peaches very carefully in a box, with the stem side down. Because these are tree ripened, and it’s warm, the less you touch and handle the peach, the less it will bruise.
Driving to the Orchard
- Once you arrive on the farm, follow signs to the orchard.
- DO NOT WALK to the orchard, every weekend picking will be different, so one may be close, but another week it may be over a 1 mile walk.
- Please be respectful while in the orchard and careful where you walk. The ground is uneven.
- What you pick is what you pay for. Please do not leave unwanted peaches out in the orchards. The peach crop is very important to our farm and once picked, you cannot replace the fruit for an entire year. Thank you.
- We have peaches already picked available out in the orchard.
- You can pay out in orchard with ccard or cash.
- Peaches are sold by the pound $2.30lb for UPICK, $3.00lb if we pick them. Boxes of already picked peaches range from $25 or $33 depending on the variety.
- Mother Nature does play a major role, if it’s hot, peaches ripen faster.
1st Variety – Super Lady – very small orchard, but peaches are juicy & sweet.
2nd Variety – Snow Angle – A medium orchard with small to medium size peaches. White peaches do not have any acid and are full of sugars.
3rd Variety – Florida Prince – a medium sized peach and one of our largest orchards.
4th variety – Earligrand – the largest peach grown on the farm.
5th variety – Springcrest – a medium size peach and very flavorful.
6th variety – Florida King – It doesn’t live up to it’s name because it is a smaller peach, but is juicy and sweet.
7th variety – Princess Peach – a newer variety that we are trying out and is very sweet
8th variety – Schnepf Peach – A medium size peach that continues to impress.
Other Varieties also available
Nectarines – Next to the Peach Orchard
Katy Apricots – early variety of apricot
Queen CreekMonday 69°FTuesday 74°FWednesday 78°FThursday 75°FFriday 74°FSaturday 78°FSunday 69°F
How to Pick a Peach
Listen on what to look for when picking your perfect peach!
How to Pick a Peach